Wednesday, 22 August 2018
Schools Need Us
Key campaign messages
- School Administrative Support SAS Staff play a vital role in the day-to-day running of our schools.
- We are committed to their work and to the education of every child under their care.
- But their contribution is not recognised by the government
- Their pay rates do not reflect the value of the work they perform
- They face barriers to securing permanent employment
- They routinely perform higher duties without adequate training
Through the PSA’s Schools Need Us campaign we are demanding a better deal through:
- A major test case to ensure wages are not undervalued in order to secure pay increases
- Creating and enforcing permanency processes
- Ensuring all SAS Staff have pathways to career progression through paid, recognised training
By being part of the PSA all SAS Staff can demand respect and recognition for their contribution.