2021 Salaries Offer: Staff working for MPs and Senior Parliamentary Officers - Public Service Association

2021 Salaries Offer: Staff working for MPs and Senior Parliamentary Officers

This bulletin is for members NOT covered by the Parliament House (Conditions of Employment) Award 2015.

As members are aware, the State Government passed legislative changes to remove the Award protections of many staff working for NSW Parliament Services.

However, your pay and conditions remain linked to NSW Government Wages Policy and are covered by Determinations. Specifically, these are the Members’ Staff Conditions of Employment – Determination of the Presiding Officers, and the Parliamentary Senior Officers – Annual Determination of Salary Policy.

Over the past few years the Department of Parliamentary Services has written to the PSA offering the salary increase in line with the overall wages policy for Public Servants. This is usually significantly in advance of the due date.

This year’s pay increase was delayed as the PSA contested, successfully, NSW Government’s 31 March 2021 1.5 per cent wages policy. We were able to restore the 2.5 per cent wages cap.

In recent weeks we followed up with the Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS) and were provided with correspondence dated 2 August 2021.

You can read the correspondence HERE.

As your conditions are covered by Determination and not an Award, it is not within our power to represent you in this matter before an Industrial Tribunal. On that basis we intend to write to the Department accepting the offer.

If members have an issue with this position, they are asked to raise it with us by Monday 16 August 2021.

If there are concerns, the PSA will organise a meeting of members for the first week of the next Parliamentary sitting. If members are happy with the offer, the PSA will respond in writing to the Department and accept the deal.

Please note that the pay rise will be backdated to the first full pay period after 1 July 2021

Please contact Nick Player, Industrial Officer, on or via your local Delegate if you wish to raise a concern.

Related Posts

Back To Top