Members at Penrith High Street Office Vote on Bans
PSA members at the High Street office met last week in response to the continued lack of consultation and increasing workloads associated with filling gaps in the roll out of the NDIS in the Penrith area. After considerable discussion, members voted to implement industrial bans on this work.
PSA members are frustrated and offended by the lack of respect and care shown to staff during the hell-for-leather rush towards full privatisation. No genuine measures have been put in place for consultation with staff over this risky and dangerous privatisation.
Significant gaps in service are now appearing as clients receive their individual funding which staff are being asked to fill.
What will happen when ADHC is gone and there’s no-one left to fill the gaps?
PSA endorses local bans
The PSA has endorsed the following bans in the High Street Penrith Office:
- ADHC Nepean Blue Mountains High Street PSA workplace group will not perform any new duties outside of their usual duties performed under their substantive job description.
- ADHC Nepean Blue Mountains High Street PSA workplace group will not participate in or progress any recording of hours on the Client Information System (CIS)
- ADHC Nepean Blue Mountains High Street PSA workplace group will not contribute to or develop Briefing Notes
Therefore all work relating to these areas of work is now the subject of an industrial ban.
You are protected when following bans
Members are advised:
- industrial action has been approved by the General Secretary of the Public Service Association
- direction to perform work covered by these bans can be refused
- members are approached to complete work covered by the PSA industrial bans, they should decline and refer their manager to a copy of the bans.
Make sure your colleagues are protected, too
Only union members are protected when taking action or following bans. Speak to your colleagues about joining their union today and making sure they’re protected.
If you are being harassed or pressured because of the bans, please immediately ring the PSA’s Member Support Centre on 1300 772 679