As members are aware, the PSA lodged a dispute in the Industrial Relations Commission in relation to the lack of consultation afforded to members by the ADB during the current restructure. The matter was heard before Chief Commissioner Kite on Tuesday, 4 September 2018. He agreed with the PSA’s submission that there had not been adequate consultation. As an immediate action, in order to rectify the ADB’s shortcomings, the Chief Commissioner recommended that there be further discussion with the ADB with a specific focus on:
- The Senior Education Officer roles
- Issues with work, health and safety in Newcastle
- The management of ATSI
The PSA, including your delegate, will meet with the ADB to discuss these issues further. The PSA and the ADB will be reporting back to the Chief Commissioner in relation to any progress made next Wednesday, 12 September 2018. Members will be kept updated throughout the dispute.
Individual members who have contacted the PSA about their position in the restructure will be contacted over the next week.
Your PSA staff
What can you do?
- Ask a work colleague join the PSA today
- Distribute this bulletin to colleagues
- Attend PSA meetings at your worksite
- Get involved become a PSA Delegate
- Not a member join online – https://membership.psa.asn.au/register