On Wednesday, 21 July the PSA and combined unions met with the Transport Covid-19 taskforce to discuss the introduction of critical operations saliva testing. TfNSW will shortly implement a new mitigation strategy of saliva testing for all staff at critical control centres. This testing is additional to the public health order requirements.
- Testing will be supplied by Histopath and they will have staff at the worksites to conduct the testing.
- The testing will be a saliva test rather than nasal test which is less invasive and easier to conduct.
- Testing will be done in a discrete area.
- There are processes in place to conduct nasal testing for all workers at these sites in the event that there is a positive case. The advice from NSW Health is that this could exclude workers from having to go into 14 days of self-isolation.
- Testing can be done anytime during a shift, whenever the individual has the time.
- Daily testing will occur at
- Transport Management Centre
- Petersham Training Centre
- Additional contingency testing arrangements will be set up at a number of other sites in case the situation worsens. These are:
- Regional Transport Operations Centre
- Tugun Control Building
- State Maritime Incident Coordination Centre