The CSO has written to the PSA in relation to a new Temporary Assignment Procedure. The relevant document can be found HERE. The new document is subject to consultation with members.
The CSO advises the PSA that the new procedure document captures the variance in assessment requirements based on period of temporary assignment as follows:
- TA < 3 months: Assignment on the basis of the Hiring Manager being satisfied that the employee has demonstrated the capabilities required to perform the role
- TA > 3 months (up to 12 months)
- At-level: Assignment on the basis of the Hiring Manager being satisfied that the employee has demonstrated the capabilities required to perform the role
- Above-level: Assignment on the basis of EOI assessment process resulting from advertising across the organisation. Requires a minimum of two (2) capability based assessments, one of which is an interview.
- TA> 12 months: Assignment on the basis of comparative assessment process resulting from advertising across the public service (rule 17)
The PSA is looking for member input to take back to the CSO. Please forward any feedback within the next two weeks via email.
Members can also provide feedback at the upcoming members’ meeting on Thursday, 23 July at 1pm. To join the meeting, call 1300 153 643 and use the conference ID number 191661.
Your PSA staff
Alex Sala Organiser firstname.lastname@example.org
Monika Wunderlin Industrial Officer email@example.com
What can you do?
- Encourage your colleagues to JOIN the PSA online
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues.
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board.
Get involved as a PSA Delegate or Contact: get in touch with your Organiser.