At short notice Delegates and PSA Staff met with senior officers of the department on 7 November to discuss the Flexible Working Hours Agreement.
The current agreement expires on 14 December this year. A copy of the current agreement can be found HERE.
The department has proposed a new agreement to operate for one year to commence on 15 December 2018.
The parameters imposed by the Government on what can be included in an agreement have not changed since the last agreement was negotiated in 2015.
Apart from some minor changes such as the date and updating some role and unit titles there are NO CHANGES PROPOSED. The agreement still includes:
- 12-week settlement period and up to six flex days in each
- Carryover of a maximum of 42 hours credit
- Carryover of a maximum of 14 hours debit
- Bandwidth of 7.30am to 6.00pm, excluding ECE field based staff
- Coretime of 9.30am to 3.00pm, excluding ECE field based staff
- Bandwidth of 13 hours for ECE field based staff with the earliest start being 7.00am and the latest finishing time being 8.00pm
- Coretime for ECE field based staff is a floating period of any six continuous hours (including a meal break of not less than 30 minutes and no more than three hours) within the bandwidth
The department is currently considering a request from Delegates and PSA Staff to extend the proposed agreement from one year to three years.
At the conclusion of discussions with the department PSA MEMBERS will have their say on the proposed agreement.
Please do not hesitate to contact your elected Delegates or the PSA at email@example.com with the Subject Heading: Education proposed flex agreement if you have any questions or issues you would like to raise.