The PSA met with the Deputy Secretary Commissioning and other FACS representatives on 16 January 2018 to receive an update on the current non-Executive assignment process.
The PSA forwarded to FACS the issues raised by PSA members with the union and at a members meeting on 21 November 2017. Click HERE to view those issues.
Your PSA representatives were able to secure a number of important concessions and provide the following information for members:
- The number of contingent labour staff currently engaged within Commissioning – approximately 90
- The percentage of staff who were matched to their first preference role – 88% of staff
- The remaining vacancies within the Division – what is the process to be used post Phase 5. FACS have agreed once staff within the Mobility Pathway or MRO Program, have been considered for matching an internal round recruitment for remaining vacancies will occur for Commissioning staff prior to any external recruitment action.
- This presents an opportunity for members who have been acting in roles to be able to seek a promotional position
- FACS are aware of issues with SAP HR establishment and reporting lines. The Business Management team should be contacted in order to resolve issues around leave and other HR requests. It’s hoped that the issues will be resolved by the end of January
- There has been no blanket decision regarding Higher Duties arrangements. Where there is a need these arrangements will continue.
- Temporary staff who qualify under GSE Rules need to be converted to ongoing status.
Further information in relation to the process can be found HERE.
United We Bargain, Divided we Beg. A unionised workplace is a fairer one!