Fire and Rescue NSW restructure community safety directorate
Thank you to all the members who attended the latest union meeting. We have put your concerns to management in regards to the restructure. Particularly the PSA has raised issues in relation to:
- Whether management would meet affected members individually or in groups. There has been conflicting advice from FRNSW about this
- Providing current role descriptions and future role descriptions
- Further clarification over how members will be placed in the new structure
- The new reporting lines following the new Admin Pool arrangement
- An assessment in relation to workload as there will be a decrease in 5/6 roles by three and an increase in 3/4 roles by two
- The possibility of voluntary redundancies
- Further information on how FRNSW plan to deal with individuals who are on return to work plans and maternity leave
- resources to the cover alarms administration function.
Members expressed great frustration over the lack of consultation in relation to the restructure. The PSA has raised this with management and will consider a variety of options in the future including lodging disputes in the NSW Industrial Relations Commission to ensure meaningful consultation from the beginning of any change.
If you do receive a letter stating that your role may be changed, please don’t hesitate to contact the PSA.
As mentioned in the meeting, people are frustrated in the difference in the way management treat the Firefighters and yourselves. However, it is essential to recognise that Fire + Rescue NSW would not operate without the work that you do.
This is why it is essential for you all to come and stand together, particularly in the face of a restructure. If you have any colleagues that are not members of the union, it is crucial, now more than ever that you get them on board.
Sign up online HERE.
Contact your delegate Diana Cornish at email@example.com for a paper form.
If you have any questions, please contact your organiser – Kirra Jackson on 0438 416 615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any other concerns or issues you can contact the PSA Member Support Centre: 1300 772 679
A union workplace is a fairer workplace – what can you do?
- Not a member? Get involved by signing up!
- Already a member? Get a colleague to join the PSA!
- Make sure that copies of this bulletin are circulated, put on every notice board and are accessible to non-members as well.
- Get involved by becoming a local union delegate or contact