The PSA is aware that FRNSW plan make changes to the Operational Capability Directorate. While the changes focus on the reporting relationships for a number of Permanent Firefighter roles, a number of Administrative roles are affected.
Particularly this involves the following:
- The relocation of four (4) Clerk Grade 3/4 Administrative Support Officer positions along with current occupants and funding from Operational Capability to the Strategic Capability Business Unit. Draft Role Descriptions have been updated to reflect the new business unit and changed reporting lines.
- Business Officer Clerk (Grade 7/8) will now be responsible for the management of the Administrative Support Officers.
- The Senior Planning Officer (Clerk Grade 11/12) is proposed to be renamed as Principal Planning Officer and will report to Assistant Commissioner Operational Capability. The Role Description has been updated to reflect the new business unit and changed reporting lines and with a continued focus on the provision of specialist/strategic advice.
All documents relating to the proposed changes, including the new roles descriptions can be found HERE. FRNSW has confirmed there will be no job losses. However, if members wish to provide feedback or request representation in relation to these changes, we encourage them to contact the PSA.
What can you do?
- Ask a work colleague to join the PSA today
- Make the union strong by forwarding this bulletin to your colleagues
- Attend PSA meetings at your worksite
- Get involved become a PSA Delegate.
Not a member? JOIN online!
Your PSA staff
Monika Wunderlin – Industrial Officer
Latu Sailosi – Organiser