Hunter Institute of TAFE bulletin
The Hunter Institute Consultative Committee (ICC) meeting was held on 15 October at Gosford. A couple of local members/delegates participated as observers. Attending the ICC can be an interesting experience so watch out for when a meeting is held near you. The next ICC will be held at Kurri campus on Monday 23 November, 1.30-3.30pm.
Matters raised in the ICC meeting included:
- Most of the change processes underway are nearing completion
- Learner Services – new information is being incorporated and an update is expected in a week or so
- Change processes for campus operations and customer service, libraries and external relations will be open for consultation in the coming few weeks.
Dignity and Respect charter
The PSA (CPSU) were advised that feedback is being consolidated and we should expect an update on this issue soon.
This project is being sponsored by the Hunter TAFE Executive and will involve an action plan developed from the five priority areas identified by the People Matters survey. More information will be available as part of the official launch.
Discussion occurred on the potential for closures or sale of property as reported in the media. Although no decisions have been made, potential areas include parts of Scone, property at the back of Glendale and the western side of Belmont.
Student Association closure
The PSA (CPSU) representatives expressed our concern at the lack of consultative mechanism for students. A future ICC meeting will consider this issue.
A discussion occurred on the future of this programme. Various concerns were tabled but no outcomes were agreed. It was agreed that this item required further discussion.
What can you do?
- Keep a watch for upcoming restructure announcements
- Assist the PSA (CPSU) to represent your interests by providing feedback on the proposals for inclusion in our submission
- Put your hand up to attend an ICC meeting close to you
- Put your hand up to become a delegate or local contact.