The PSA and the Department of Justice appeared before the Industrial Relations Commission on
12 May 2017.
After the parties made submissions in the matter, the following recommendations were made:
- a re-assessment process be conducted for staff who missed out on roles at Grade
- staff must submit their applications for re-assessment by 5pm, Wednesday, 17 May 2017
- the re-assessment is to be conducted by a Senior Justice HR partner and a Senior DTS representative
- the re-assessment process is to be on the basis of whether staff can meet the capabilities with reasonable support and training
- the Senior DTS representative and Senior Justice HR partner are to provide detailed feedback to the employees
- the Senior HR partner is to provide assistance to employees to ensure that they meet capabilities at Grade
- the parties are to continue consultation to resolve any matters that arise
- DTS will not be using agency staff on Selections Panels going forward
- DTS can recommence the recruitment process
- the PSA will continue to protect members’ interests in the matter and fight to protect their jobs.