The Department of Justice, PSA and the delegate FWHA Advisory Committee have reached an in-principle agreement concerning the terms of a new Flexible Working Hours Agreement for the whole of the Department.
The process has been lengthy and the agreement was originally due to be finalised by July 2017. However, negotiations for the agreement continued past this point as there were a number of issues to navigate.
The PSA, on behalf of employees within a number of business areas across the Department, was able to preserve affected employees’ special existing arrangements by way of individual letters. View attachment Letter to Maintain FWHA work arrangements HERE.
The new Agreement will wholly replace the 11 Flexible Working Hours Agreements which regulate current working arrangements of employees within the Department. View agreement HERE.
- Attorney General’s Department of NSW Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- Department of Corrective Services Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- Department of Corrective Services Flexible Working Hours Agreement Probation and Parole Service 2001
- NSW Department of Juvenile Justice Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- NSW trustee and Guardian Flexible Working Practices
- Sherriff’s Officers Flexible Working Hours Agreement 2001
- Finance & Services Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- NSW Department of Ageing a, Disability and Home Care Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- NSW Trade & Investment Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- Ministry for Police and Emergency Services Flexible Working Hours
- Field Flexible Working Hours Policy 1986.
The Flexible Members can now vote on the Flexible Working Hours Agreement survey HERE. Voting will be open for two weeks and will close 5pm Friday 8 December.
Below are some of the features that the new agreement will contain:
- 12-week settlement period.
- 42 hours credit
- 14 hours debit
- Six flex days per settlement period (12 weeks)
- Ability to take consecutive flex days
- Full-, half- and quarter-day flex days
- Up to 2.5 hours lunchbreak with approval
- Defined emergency response and recovery operations
- Easter flex leave arrangements as provided in the award – half-day flex
- Bandwidth – 6.30am-9pm
- Core time – 10am-3pm
- Non-standard hours can only be entered into by way of written agreement between the employee and manager
- Local arrangements will continue to be observed
- Reports will be provided to the Justice Peak JCC on working time and use of flex time
- Gender, carer’s responsibility and WHS impact assessment to be conducted prior to implementation and the terms of reference will be proposed by the PSA
- Agreed transitional arrangements to prevent employees from forfeiting hours.
We encourage members to print this bulletin and place on notice boards and talk to other members about completing the survey.
We encourage members to update their details online before the vote as some members have moved but have not updated their information.
You can do so by going to: https://membership.psa.asn.au/
We also encourage non-members to join up so they can vote in this process. To join the PSA and have a say in the FWHA you can join HERE.
What can you do?
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues.
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board.
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA.
- Get involved as your Area Contact.
- Attend a meeting at your worksite.