Unions NSW is looking to make a submission to the Senate inquiry on unpaid leave.
The PSA is currently looking for members that would be willing to talk about the importance of paid domestic violence leave.
We are aware that members within the Justice system, particularly through your work in Legal Aid, you have probably come across occasions where domestic violence has been involved, and thus would have a unique view on the importance of this form of leave.
We would value your views on the following:
- In your job, how do you interact with women/families who are living with violence?
- Why is it important for women to access your service?
- How long does it take for women to access your services?
- What are the costs involved?
- Why do you believe paid leave is so important?
This is your chance to make a real difference surrounding the legislation of domestic violence leave.
Anything that you would be able to contribute would help the submission immensely, and could assist countless women with the union movement’s push for 10 days paid domestic violence leave.
If you know anyone else that would be interested in sharing their perspective, please share this bulletin with them.