Local Government bulletin – Joint Consultative Committee
On 1 July 2015, the PSA had a Joint Consultative Committee (JCC) meeting with the NSW Office of Local Government. A number of questions were put to management:
- Will there be consultation about the pending restructure?
- Can management guarantee that there will be no redundancies?
- Can management guarantee that there will be no relocation in Nowra?
- Why have roles been advertised in Sydney?
The following answers were given:
- Once the new Senior structure is approved it will be the subject of consultation with affected staff. That is the only restructure proposed.
- There are no plans for restructuring below this. No guarantee was given.
- There are no plans to move from Nowra and there is a lease on the building until 2025.
- The reason that positions have been advertised for Sydney or Nowra is that they are temporary positions.
The PSA and management agreed that staff forums would take place in order to facilitate consultation.
The PSA have tabled questions regarding performance management and questions regarding Aboriginal employment with the NSW Office of Local Government regarding the new performance management system that is to come about as a consequence of the Capability Framework.