- Would you like to become more involved in your union?
- Interested in working with PSA members in your workplace?
Become a PSA Delegate!
Being a delegate offers you the opportunity to have a significant input into your workplace and be part of a collective effort to protect and improve your workplace conditions.
Workplace Delegates are the lifeblood of your union. You are the voice of your workplace.
Nominations are now open to elect workplace delegates at the Child Protection Helpline.
The PSA encourages all financial members interested in becoming a local Workplace Delegate to provide a completed delegate nomination form by 5pm, Friday 11 September 2020.
Unity is strength. It is essential we are united and strong to continue protecting your rights and entitlements at work. Unionised workplaces are better workplaces.
As a Delegate, you will be supported by PSA staff, have access to a range of PSA training courses and you will have additional protection under the Award.
The following positions are open:
Workplace Delegates – Nominees, nominators and seconders must be financial members of the PSA
Women’s Contact Person – Nominees, nominators and seconders must be financial members of the PSA
Aboriginal Contact Person – Nominees, nominators and seconders must be Aboriginal and financial members of the PSA
* The Workplace Group members once confirmed will elect their own Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Assistant Secretary.
* There will be a maximum of 12 delegates in this Workplace Group (including the Women’s and Aboriginal Contact persons) to ensure adequate coverage for all the shifts at the Child Protection Helpline.
* The PSA encourage members from all Units/Teams to nominate for these roles.
* If more than 12 members nominate for a workplace delegate position, the PSA will organise an election process.
* ‘The Domestic Violence Line is a separate workplace for PSA purposes. PSA Members at the Domestic Violence Line elect their own Delegate.’
How to Nominate:
Nominations should be submitted via Survey Monkey using the link below:
Where can I get further information?
If you would like any further information about how this Workplace Delegate Group functions, the role of Delegates, or to discuss your interest in confidence, please contact: Jose Vasquez (PSA Organiser)