NSW Police re-engineering update
On 24 August 2017 the PSA re-engineering dispute was listed in the Industrial Relations Commission (IRC).
NSW Police advised the IRC as follows:
- NSW Police will comply with its consultation obligations in relation to re-engineering
- it will meet with the PSA every fortnight as part of the consultation framework
- NSW Police will comply with NSW Government Agency Change Management Guidelines
- it will provide all documents requested by the PSA
- there is a genuine commitment to resolving any issues arising from the re-engineering.
The IRC made recommendations in accordance with the above undertakings and gave liberty for the parties to re-list the matter if re-engineering issues cannot be resolved.
The PSA General Secretary and Industrial staff also met with Deputy Commissioners Loy and Worboys on 24 August 2017.
The Deputy Commissioners affirmed the commitment to consultation and advised it is in the process of visiting Local Area Commands as part of its consultation process.
NSW Police undertook to provide details of visits to enable PSA attendance at relevant meetings.
The PSA sees the recent developments as positive and will work to protect members during this process.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Look out for meeting notices and bulletins and advise the PSA of any developments and matters of concern
- Call the Member Support Centre on 1300 772 679 or
- email email@example.com with ‘Police Re-Engineering’ as the subject.