NSW Police – Special Constables – bulletin re listening meetings – 20 July 2015
Your union, the PSA, conducted meetings with Special Constables at the Sydney Police Centre, Parliament House and Police Headquarters in June 2015.
The meetings sought your input on the negotiation of the Crown Employees (NSW Police Force Special Constables) (Security) Award. Attendees were briefed on the process of the negotiations, and the consultation with members.
Thank you to all who attended.
Some of the issues arising from the meeting included:
• Sick leave and annual leave entitlements
• Meal allowances
• Career progression and training
• Uniform entitlements
• Pay structure and shift penalties
• Death and disability cover
• Work health and safety issues.
We are seeking input from all Special Constable PSA members in Security Management Unit. You can contribute here
Where to now?
- The meetings and survey will inform our position in the upcoming award negotiations
- A PSA bargaining team will soon begin negotiations with management
- The bargaining team will include the delegates from the Special Constables Advisory Group, for which the PSA will shortly be running an election
- The bargaining team will also include two additional representatives. Use the above survey to express interest in being on the bargaining team.
- The PSA will ask members to vote if there are more than two nominees
- The bargaining team will keep members updated as the process moves forward.
What can you do?
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues
- Complete the attached survey
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA
- Get involved as a delegate on the Advisory Group or nominate for the bargaining team
- Attend a meeting at your worksite
- If you have moved, have a new work email, work phone, or work location, please update your membership details here