The PSA has recently written to NSW Police regarding a number of significant Work Health and Safety (WHS) issues members have raised with us, specifically:
- Weapons training
- X-Ray machine training
- Access to lockers
- Overwatch risk assessment.
The PSA understands the consultation with staff for the overwatch risk assessment is closing shortly and has requested a copy to work on with management before it is finalised.
If you would like to see a full copy of the WHS letter, or to raise any other WHS issues, speak to one of your PSA delegates. A reminder that the recently elected Special Constables Advisory Group is:
- Dannie Abel
- Tony Saraceno
- Glenn Smith
- Mark Tucker
- Alex Muirhead
It’s time to join your colleagues and get involved in fighting for your rights and conditions – strong membership means a strong union!
What can you do?
- Not a member? Get involved by signing up!
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA
- Get involved by becoming a local union delegate or contact.