Police and Justice BulletinOutsourcing of your Court Reporting Service
UPDATE – OUTSOURCING OF SUPREME COURT CIVIL JUSTICE REPORTING SERVICES WILL MEAN
YOU WILL PAY MORE FOR TRANSCRIPTS
FROM 1 JULY 2014
- The Government proposes to abandon its obligation to provide affordable access to the Supreme Court civil justice system by replacing it with a USER-PAYS service where the “market” will determine the cost of transcripts.
- Police and Justice Department Court Reporting Services Branch Court Reporters will no longer cover Supreme Court civil matters where daily transcripts are required (that is, multi-day hearings). Court Reporters will be replaced by contract sound monitors.
SAY NO TO OUTSOURCING
An outsourced service will be:
- More expensive to users;
- Less efficient with lengthy delays for transcripts;
- Inferior quality transcripts;
- Fewer transcripts.
- Sign the Petition to support your Court Reporting Service – Stop User Pays Court Reporting
- Write to the NSW Attorney General to say NO to outsourcing of court reporting services at: