CSNSW has embarked on a new recruitment process that has caused much angst within the membership.
We are aware of the following issues:
- CSNSW is not using transfer lists in the first instance to fill a vacancy.
- CSNSW is not making current long-term casuals permanent in the first or second instance.
- CSNSW is employing casuals on a contract which states they cannot be made permanent before a two-year period.
- CSNSW is employing permanent staff straight from the Academy to fill vacancies.
- The higher commencing salary policy has created angst in members who feel they have not met the criteria or that the criteria puts them behind others in rank and pay.
These issues were raised with Commissioner Severin at the Delegates to Management Meeting in July 2018.
Commissioner Severin then got involved and there has been one meeting with Strategic HR for the Justice Department and all the issues have been raised and will be looked at and hopefully get some resolution.
The staff who have gained permanency through the Academy have done so under a contract so this process cannot be stopped.
The staff who have been employed as a casual under contract for the two-year process have done so under a contract which they would have been aware of at that time.
This means any casual to permanent prior to their two years ceasing cannot apply for permanency.
We have also raised the fact that CSNSW are continuing to employ permanent staff whilst we have long term casuals who have applied for positions and have heard nothing back from HR.
If you have been a long term casual – not under the two-year contract – and have applied in previous months or last year for casual to permanent and have not heard anything can you please email Nicole Jess at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason Charlton at: email@example.com and give us the following details:
- Date you applied
- Where you applied for – if you put three options what were your options
- If you are currently put in a centre’s pool for casual work
- If you are currently on a T/E, where and how long have you been on a T/E
- How long have you been a casual?
This information will be passed on to CSNSW HR so we can get feedback on what is happening with the HR process that you applied for.
- Nicole Jess – Chairperson
0427 609 199
- Jason Charlton – Vice Chairperson
0401 500 967
- Thor Sutherland – Country Chairperson
0447 633 476
- Natalie Howes – Secretary
0407 011 441
- Darren King – Assistant Secretary
0407 935 039