Normally, the Prison Officers Vocational Branch (POVB) Executive election would commence in March 2021. However, due to COVID-19, the State Electoral Commission was unable to facilitate the Public Service Association (PSA) Executive and Central Council elections, which have been delayed and will now take place in March 2021.
In order to avoid conflicting schedules, the POVB Executive proposed that the POVB Executive election be moved forward. The only alternative to this approach, would be to delay the POVB election until around September 2021.
The PSA Executive met and considered this proposal on Monday, 7 December 2020 and it was agreed that the POVB election will proceed as follows:
- The January 2021 Red Tape will contain a call for nominations for the 2021 POVB Election.
The positions for nomination will be:
Country Vice Chair (2)
Overseer Vice Chair
Persons nominated must be members of the above branch and be financial members of the Association as at 18 January 2021.
- NOMINATIONS AND CLOSING DATE:
Each nomination must be seconded by two other persons from the branch who are financial members of the Association as at 18 January 2021.
- Nominations must be submitted via Survey Monkey
- The Survey Monkey link for nominations will be emailed to all eligible members on Monday, 25 January 2021.
- Nominations must be completed via Survey Monkey no later than 5pm, 7 February 2021.
- If there is a ballot, candidates who wish to have a profile available for voters to read should provide a brief statement of 300 words or less, stating how they will best represent members’ interests.
Space is provided for this purpose on the form available through Survey Monkey.
- Electronic ballot, if required, will commence Monday, 15 February 2021.
- The Electronic ballot will close on 28 February 2021.
- Election results will be announced the week of 8 March 2021. This will give the nominees time to request and have their scrutineers go over the election results.
The POVB Executive did not want to confuse the POVB membership with elections occurring at the same time as the PSA election or have our election delayed until September next year (as other branches have).
The POVB election will be an electronic election and the PSA Executive/Central Council and CPSU Election will be a postal vote election.
If anyone has any questions in regards to the above information, please contact one of the Executive members.
Nicole Jess Chairperson
0427 609 199
Jason Charlton Vice Chairperson
0401 500 976
Amanda Cotter Secretary
0404 042 600
Thor Sutherland Assistant Secretary
0447 633 476
Darren King Country Vice Chair
0407 935 039
Natalie Howes Country Vice Chair
0407 011 441
Clinton Lamb Vice Chair Overseer
0400 709 144
David McCauley POVB Industrial Officer
0419 022 767
David Bartle POVB Industrial Officer
0418 425 976
Trish O’Brien Welfare Officer
0412 120 391