Your union, the PSA, represents your interests at meetings with management called Joint Consultative Committees (JCCs). The purpose of a JCC is to establish a regular forum for issues and concerns to be raised with senior management and addressed collaboratively.
The PSA has set up a Community Services/Housing Delegate Forum to support an ongoing opportunity for Delegates across the Illawarra Shoalhaven and Southern NSW region to communicate with the PSA and each other.
A delegation of your representatives from this committee along with PSA officials attended the second JCC with the regions DCJ executive management on Tuesday 16 March 2021.
Some issues raised included:
- The Department flagged its proposed ‘Staff Wellbeing’ committee and the PSA has urged that Delegates and officials could make a meaningful contribution to its success.
- PSA Officials acknowledged that the work done in the casework study will be the basis of a new Workload Planning (WLP).
- Housing will invite PSA to quarterly meetings at group supervision, with an emphasis on resolving issues as close to the source as possible.
- PSA raised that many members are raising concerns around workload and culture within the CSCs with management only for their concerns to be turned into performance issues. This issue will be escalated to the statewide JCC.
- Summarised lower level consultative meeting outcomes, such as workload vs training commitments.
PSA Illawarra Shoalhaven District Community Services delegates appreciated management’s recent commitment to disseminate correspondence outlining the agreed process for speaking with line management to assist in prioritising and managing casework during this time. We stress this is an invitation for caseworkers to renegotiate their caseloads while they are undergoing training.
If you have collective workplace issues you’d like raised at your next JCC, you can raise these with your delegates below.
- Aaron Cowey Shoalhaven CS – Departmental Committee
- Matthew Barnes Shoalhaven CS
- Jo Anne Cottee Shoalhaven CS
- Leah Wilson Bega CS
- Mary-Ann McPherson Coniston Housing – Departmental Committee
- Kristy Giddings Goulburn Housing
- Christine Fourtounis Shellharbour CS
- Jenna Hogan Shellharbour CS
- William Usher Queanbeyan CS
- Angelique Bubalo Goulburn/Yass CS – Departmental Committee
- Jasna Market-Simpson CS Batemans Bay
- Andrew Simpson Commissioning & Planning
We have Delegate vacancies for Community Services at Coniston. If you are interested in nominating as a Delegate for this area or alternatively, if you are a Delegate in your workplace and not on this list, please contact Regional Organiser Shane Elliott at .