PSA Update: Boundary realignment for improved service delivery – Cumberland, Parramatta, Ryde and The Hills Police Area Commands
It came as a surprise to the PSA when a general media release by NSWPF media advised changes to the CMB, PA, RY and HI PAC boundaries.
The PSA was not consulted about these changes before the media release.
Subsequently, the PSA wrote to Police Workforce Relations to request an urgent meeting to discuss this. Although it is disappointing that your union, the PSA, was not consulted with on these changes earlier – we are now in the process of doing so.
Our main concern is the workload that may increase because of these changes. The main issues that were raised are as follows:
- PAC’s being moved across different Radio channels – e.g., Parramatta is being moved from Channel Hotel to Channel Victor.
- Channel Victor will now have the addition of the Parramatta PAC and the increased size of Ryde PAC to include the Ermington Sector (which can be busy on its own, let along the current workload of Ku-ring-gai, Ryde, and The Hills Command.
- The lack of sufficient information regarding how these changes might affect workload, nor any measures that will be put in place to prevent or reduce any adverse effects.
The PSA are dealing with Workforce Relations at this stage as it appears that the Command was not responsible for the failure to consult with the PSA, and that this change was not commenced by the Command.
After meeting with Workforce Relations on Thursday 6th July 2023 and discussing the above, the outcomes so far are:
- We will hold a further meeting to discuss this with Workforce Relations and the Command together.
- The meeting will be held in 2 weeks, on or about 21 July 2023.
- Workforce Relations and the Command will report back on workload and thoughts regarding the PSA proposals.