The PSA met with management on 19 October 2020 in relation to the move from Sydney Central office accommodation to Parramatta. Your union can confirm the following:
- The move is to occur in late 2021
- Management has advised that business areas will remain grouped together when the move is finalised
- The new premises will provide an agile work environment, laptops will be provided, but no-one will have a set desk
- Consultation will be ongoing. Particularly, different groups will have different needs
- Management has agreed there will be more discussion at the local level with the various business groups.
The PSA advised management that sensitive information needs to be managed appropriately in an open-plan office space in accordance with NSW Government guidelines. The PSA also raised the fact that information to members needs to be consistent to avoid confusion. Further, the PSA stated that individuals may have circumstances which need to be addressed in the move to Parramatta, including return to work and reasonable adjustment.
The PSA will update members once further information from the Department is received.