The PSA/CPSUNSW is running the following courses at Newcastle in December.
Monday 4 December 2023 – Role of the Delegate
This one-day course is designed to give workplace delegates the skills and knowledge they need to build power at their workplaces.
You will explore the importance of unions, history and the values that underpin them. You will develop your skills utilising tools such as mapping, recruitment conversations and problem-solving frameworks to build power.
You will leave with:
- A clear sense of what your role is and how you contribute to the overall goals of the union in growing big and building power.
- The ability and confidence to sign-up new members and handle objections about joining the union.
- Ability to empower and build confidence in other members about the PSA/CPSUNSW.
- Knowledge to build capacity in the workplace through mapping.
- Knowledge of union structures and history.
- Ability to assist with setting up union structures.
Tuesday 5 December 2023- Assisting with Member Issues
This course equips new delegates with skills and knowledge to assist members facing disciplinary action or experiencing workplace bullying. You will learn to apply the problem-solving framework when resolving members’ issues. You will be able to share and apply knowledge of rights and entitlements. You will develop plans when helping members with workplace disciplinary actions or bullying.
Hunter Workers Building
406 King Street
Time: 9:30am-4:30pm each day
Morning tea and a light lunch will be provided.
Register HERE for both courses.
You can register for one day or both. However, attending day one will assist your understanding of day two’s content.
NOTE: Registrations for training close two weeks before the scheduled date of the course.
Due to logistical reasons applications received after that date will NOT be able to be processed.