The PSA informed the Industrial Relations Commission (‘IRC’) on 16 March 2018 that PSA and RFS met on 12 March and RFS expressed their interest in reviewing the entire Award.
The PSA agreed to put the Award variation on hold and enter into negotiations for the entire Award. Should negotiations break down, the PSA will continue with the Award variation application.
The PSA and RFS agreed to have regular meetings to negotiate the Award and that the IRC would be updated regularly on the progress of these discussions. We are due to report back to the IRC around 20 April 2018. A date has not been fixed due to Commissioner Newall retiring.
Before 20 April 2018:
- The PSA is to survey its members because the entire RFS Award is being reviewed. Members may recollect a previous survey but it only covered certain parts of the Award.
- The RFS is to seek approval from Public Sector Industrial Relations to review the entire RFS Award.
- The PSA and RFS are to meet to discuss progress they have made and to schedule future meetings.
Survey – Award variation
The link found HERE, is a survey for members to respond to 26 questions with Yes or No and a short comment. We would like your response by Friday, 13 April 2018.
All members should respond to the survey. It is your chance to have a direct say in the future working conditions within the RFS. Allow an hour, refer to the current RFS Award with variations we are seeking (available in the survey), and think carefully on what you would like to see changed.
Please note Operation Control Centre staff will be contacted separately regarding their sections of the Award.
It is a timely reminder that only PSA members are able to have a legitimate say on working conditions. As a member you will be able to vote on your Award and provide direct feedback to the PSA on your working conditions.
As always the PSA welcomes members’ feedback. Should you have any questions or comments please contact your delegate or the PSA. Further information will be provided to members as the Award negotiations continue.
Your union will continue to update members on the developments with the Award Variation and will be visiting workplaces to update members.
As always the PSA welcomes members’ feedback. Should you have any questions or comments please contact your delegate firstly and if required the PSA.
Your NSW RFS delegates are:
Your PSA staff:
Andrew Boulton – PSA Industrial Officer
Bart McKenzie – PSA Senior Organiser
What can you do?
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues.
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board.
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA.
- Get involved as your Area Contact
- Not a member join online – https://membership.psa.asn.au/register
- Members can update their details at – https://psa.asn.au/update-your-details/