Following the last report back to the Industrial Relations Commission on 10 December 2019 that resulted in the making of a new consent Award as per section 19 of the Industrial Relations Act 1996, the Commissioner’s orders were that:
- The matter be listed for report back at 10.00 am on 21 February 2020,
- The parties confer with respect to:
- The matters that might properly be included in the Award that are currently contained in the Memorandum of Understanding,
- The offer that has been proposed by the Department to the PSA with respect to the resolution of the s. 130 proceedings related to review;
- The suggested amended wording of clause 12 of the Awards as put forward by the Commissioner in private conference.
In response to the Commissioner’s orders, the PSA responded to the Department’s proposition for an amended clause 16 and subsequent changes to the MoU to which the Department has not responded.
Further representations following that were also made to the Department seeking that the parties meet prior to the listed report back to which the Department has also not responded.
As the parties have not been able to confer and it is important that they do so before reporting back the initial date of 21 February 2020 has been vacated and the matter relisted for 19 March 2020.
The extended timeframe will allow enough time for the parties to meet. If the Department continues to ignore the Commissioner’s orders by not conferring with us, the PSA will seek further directions from the Commissioner.