The PSA is looking for School Admin and Support Staff (SASS) members who are interested in joining our team based in Sydney as an Organiser on secondment for a period of 12 months.
The role of an Organiser is a vitally important one for our operations. Organisers are assigned a geographic area of schools and within that allotment they are required to:
- Provide members with updated information about PSA campaigns and disputes that impact their employment;
- Recruit new members to the PSA;
- Organise workplace meetings at schools;
- Collate workplace issues to report back to industrial staff;
- Support individual members in issues at their workplace; and,
- identify, support and develop delegates.
What is a secondment?
Being seconded to the PSA is the same as being seconded anywhere else in the Department. It is essentially a loan of service, where you continue to be paid by the Department of Education, which in turn invoices the PSA for your employment costs. It means your service is uninterrupted and your entitlements accrue as they would normally.
You would work a 52 week year with four weeks’ annual leave. Whilst schools are closed for holidays and cannot be visited, schools Organisers are assigned other areas within the PSA coverage to visit.
You will be assigned a motor vehicle to perform the duties.
- PSA member with demonstrated history as a school Delegate
- Understanding of the PSA and its work in schools
- Understanding of SASS issues and industrial instruments
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Current NSW drivers licence.