Sheriffs Office – Joint Consultative Committee Feedback
The next JCC is on 12 June 2019 and the PSA through your SOVBAG delegates are seeking feedback on the following issues to be raised with the NSW Sheriff Office representatives and The Sheriff of NSW:
- Change Room Facilities at Court Locations, and the direction to not travel in your Sheriff’s Officers uniform
- Any WHS issues that cannot, or are not, being resolved at a local level
- The receiving of Pelican (appointments storage) bags, or lack thereof
- The direction to wear ballistic vests – and Moisture Wicking Shirts not being received, causing profuse sweating and heat stress
- Tactical Recertification training, and problems being faced, such as failing or being unable to attempt it due to medical issues
- The “Operation Support Unit”
- And for Officers working at the Downing Centre or Parramatta Trail court: The lack of policy regarding the use of the Explosive Detection Screening device
- Any other issues you feel should be raised.
All feedback, suggestions or concerns to be sent to your PSA Organiser, Glenn Duncan email@example.com by Friday, 7 June 2019.
Your PSA/SOVBAG Delegates are:
Eddie Lia – Campbelltown Court
Daniel De La Paz – Downing Centre
Stephen Hancock – Downing Centre
Glen Elliot-Rudder – Wagga Wagga
Joe Saffour – Wagga Wagga
Monique Muir – Coffs Harbour
Your PSA staff:
Andrew Boulton – PSA Industrial Officer
Glenn Duncan – PSA Organiser
What can you do?
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues.
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board.
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA.
- Get involved as your Area Contact