TAFE Protected Action Ballot Last chance to Vote
A reminder to all PSA members the Protected Action Ballot closes Friday 1 April at 10.00am.
If you haven’t voted yet do so ASAP!
Casting your vote is quick, easy and will make a difference in the fight to protect your pay and conditions. The PSA recommends members vote YES to all questions.
What is a Protected Action Ballot?
Protected Action Ballots are secret ballots giving PSA members a chance to vote on whether they want to initiate protected industrial action. Non-members do not get a vote.
For a Protected Action Ballot to authorise industrial action:
- At least 50% of eligible members MUST vote
- More than 50% of those who vote MUST approve the industrial action.
Does voting yes mean we have to take industrial action?
Voting Yes in a Protected Action Ballot does not bind members to taking industrial action. Voting yes simply allows members the option of taking industrial action that is protected by law, should the need arise.
How to vote
You should have already received an electronic ballot about taking industrial action from The Australian Election Company. Click on the secure link to cast your vote. You will also need your PSA membership number to participate.
How do I confirm my PSA membership number?
There are a number of ways to confirm your PSA membership number.
- Check your email – last week, the PSA emailed all members their membership number
- Find it on your membership card – when you joined the PSA you were issued with a membership card. Your membership number can be found on the card.
- Contact us – call the Member Support Centre on 1300 772 679 to confirm your membership number.
The ballot closes at 10am Friday 1 April.
We will inform members of the outcomes once results have been declared.
Not yet a member?
The Protected Action Ballot is a vital step in our campaign to protect your working conditions from what TAFE are proposing. Only members may vote on whether to take protected industrial action. Join today at www.psa.asn.au in order to participate in any future protected action our members authorise.