Kids won’t wait
We Won’t Wait – PSA nominated day – 6 December 2017
We call on the Federal Government to support the thousands of women experiencing violence.
We call on the Federal Government to immediately introduce legislation which will see the inclusion of ten days’ paid Family and Domestic Violence Leave in the National Employment Standard.
View the video on the issue from PSA President Kylie McKelvie below.
What you can do on the day:
- Hold a workplace meeting to talk about the importance of Domestic Violence paid leave
- Wear an item of purple clothing or purple accessory
- Show your support by changing your social media profile picture on 6 December 2017. “We Won’t Wait” profile picture found HERE.
- Take photos of you and your workmates holding one of the We Won’t Wait or five cent coin posters. Poster found HERE.
- Let the Premier know why this is an important issue to you, by sending her a tweet or posting a message to her Facebook page. See our Social Media table HERE.
- Create your own support video