Works Supervisors – The PSA Wants to Hear From You
Members might be aware that one of the claims for our recent Award negotiations involves a Competency Framework for Surveillance Officers. The PSA and RMS are continuing these discussions. However, the PSA is mindful that this is a big piece of work that will definitely spill over past the 30 June deadline for the negotiation of the current RMS Award and therefore will not be finalised in the next six weeks.
The interest from the RMS has been impressive and the RMS has sought to expand these discussions to also include Works Supervisors. The rationale being that there is the same need to understand the differently graded Works Supervisors roles (Grades USS6-USS8) and the subsequent recruitment, development and retention of those staff.
The PSA has readily agreed to expand its remit.
Our current membership system does not provide a clear understanding of who are our Works Supervisor members. Accordingly, the PSA is seeking the assistance of the PSA Works Supervisor membership to identify themselves. This is so that the PSA can:
- obtain a better understanding of the location of the membership across the state;
- provide direct and tailored information on the developments of the Competency Framework;
- develop a plan on how Works Supervisors will be included in the development of the Competency Framework and;
- make sure that all works supervisors are receiving PSA information.
The PSA asks that Works Supervisor members cut, paste and fill in the following questions and email them to email@example.com with the Email name ‘Works Supervisors Identification’. The PSA can then begin discussions with this group on how best to represent Works Supervisor members during these discussions with RMS.
- WHAT OFFICE LOCATION ARE YOU LOCATED?
- WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT GRADE?
- HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A WORKS SUPERVISOR?
- DO YOU WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN THE DISCUSSIONS REGARDING THE DEVELOPMENT OF A COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK FOR WORKS SUPERVISORS?
For those of you who are non-members and reading this information: Join our Union today at www.psa.asn.au/join