The PSA developed a survey to ensure that all members have the opportunity to be heard and provide feedback regarding the proposed relocation of members from the Henry Deane Building (HDB) to a new site within the Parramatta CBD.
Responses were received from members across HDB including Youth Justice, Community Corrections, Bureau of Crime and Statistics (BOCSAR), Domestic Violence Strategy, Justice Department, Corrective Services and Justice ITS.
1. 62% of members indicated they did not believe that there had been adequate consultation by your employer regarding the planned relocation.
2. Members noted that the consultation process could have been improved with regular communication and transparency.
3. When given the option of working from home (WFH), relocating to Parramatta CBD or remaining in Sydney CBD:
- 51% of respondents nominated to remain in Sydney
- 46% preferring to WFH
- 3% chose to relocate to Parramatta CBD.
4. Among the issues members believed that they would encounter following a move to Parramatta CBD:
- 78% of the respondents stated an increase in travel time,
- 79% forecasting a significant increase in their commuting costs
- 45% noting changes to their carer responsibilities.
As members will be aware, the Award provides for consultation in the event of significant change. The PSA will be monitoring the situation and will be in contact with members to ensure there is proper and genuine consultation.
The PSA will be writing to the Department with the feedback about the move members have provided. Members will receive an update as soon as the Department responds.
Your PSA staff
What can you do?
- Encourage your colleagues to join the PSA online at: psa.asn.au/register
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues.
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board.
Get involved as a PSA Delegate or Contact: get in touch with your Organiser.