Justice and FACS Machinery of Government update
Members will be aware that from 1 July 2019 Machinery of Government changes that create the new Stronger Communities agency will come into effect.
The PSA reported to members in May a meeting that was held on 22 May 2019. We wrote to the Secretary seeking that the PSA be consulted over the changes. This Bulletin and letter can be read HERE.
Since then the Association has received a response to our letter to the Secretary seeking adequate consultation. See letter HERE. The Association does not consider this to be adequate commitment to Consultation.
In addition, there have been a range of “town hall” style meetings across Corporate Services in FACS and Justice outlining proposed changes. The PSA was neither consulted or invited to attend any of the town hall meetings.
Therefore, the Association filed a dispute notification with the NSW Industrial Relations Commission regarding lack of Consultation, on Friday 7 June 2019. At the time of writing this Bulletin, the matter has been listed for Conciliation Conference for Friday, 21 June 2019. The Association will continue to update members on this matter.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
ORGANISE A PSA VISIT
For any questions, or to organise a visit to your workplace:
- If you work for Justice please email– email@example.com
- If you work for FACS please email – FACSOrganising@psa.asn.au
- Ask a work colleague join the PSA today
- Make the union strong by forwarding this bulletin to your colleagues
- Attend PSA meetings at your worksite
- Get involved become a PSA Delegate
- Not a member? JOIN online! psa.asn.au/join