State Emergency Service – On-Call Allowance dispute
The PSA is aware members at the SES are experiencing difficulty with the current on-call arrangements. The PSA contacted the SES in November last year outlining members’ concerns. As the matter had not progressed substantially, the PSA lodged a dispute at the NSW Industrial Relations Commission (IRC) which was heard this week (19 March 2019). As a result, the SES and the PSA have agreed to meet about the issue before a report back to the IRC in three weeks.
Members can contact PSA Delegate Tony Day if they are interested in providing feedback in relation to the operation of the on call allowance. Delegates are currently in the process of organising a team of experienced practitioners to identify issues with the current on-call arrangements.
What can you do?
- Ask a work colleague join the PSA today
- Make the union strong by forwarding this bulletin to your colleagues
- Attend PSA meetings at your worksite
- Get involved become a PSA Delegate
- Not a member? JOIN online!
Your PSA staff