PSA Legal Fund for all NSW Justice Sector members
Earlier this year the PSA launched a new legal fund for members working in the Justice sector.
The PSA strongly encourages every member to join the Legal Fund to ensure they have legal protection for matters that may arise in the course of their duties that are outside the scope of industrial relations law.
The PSA also encourages you to speak to any non-members to join the PSA and the Legal Fund to ensure they are also protected.
The legal fund, modelled on a similar scheme already available to Prison Officers, provides a range of enhanced legal services for members commonly exposed to difficult and dangerous situations in the course of their employment, including:
- Alleged criminal offenses arising out of or in the course of employment.
- Making a claim under the Victims Right and Support Act 2013 which arises out of or in the course of employment.
- Any Coronial Enquiry where the interests of the member and their employer diverge.
Any commission of enquiry or tribunal conducting an enquiry whose findings could have an adverse effect upon the member of the Legal Fund.
Membership of the PSA Justice Sector Legal Fund is available to PSA Members for just $2 a week and is entirely tax deductible, just like your union fees.
Financial PSA Members working in the NSW Justice Sector can join the PSA Legal Fund by filling in the attached APPLICATION FORM. Full terms and conditions are attached to the form.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA today.
- Print this Bulletin out and put it on a noticeboard.
- Make the union strong by forwarding this bulletin to your colleagues.
- Attend PSA meetings at your worksite.
- Get involved, become a PSA delegate.
- Not a member? Join online.
Please send completed PSA Legal Fund Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.