Service NSW delegates and PSA Industrial staff have concluded negotiating your Award.
A ballot of PSA members has received overwhelming endorsement.
PSA General Secretary, Steward Little, has now written to Service NSW so we can proceed to have our Award endorsed by the Industrial Relations Commission.
The Award includes:
- A pay rise of 2.5 per cent for 2018 and 2.5 per cent for 2019 with no trade offs
- Clarification of study leave entitlements, military leave and leave without pay
- Flexible work practices
- Extended operating hours for Contact Centres. Protections for existing staff and gaining of penalty rates and additional leave provisions
- Strengthening of wording around paid tea breaks
- Conversion of contract staff to permanent employment.
Many staff do not realise that your annual pay rise is fought for and won by your union.
Thank you to our Award negotiating team
Thank you to PSA delegates Victor Dunston, Lilli Tzinberg and Janice Hartmann for their time and knowledge representing the concerns of Service NSW employees. They were of invaluable assistance to PSA Industrial staff.
Your rights when a rostered day is moved to a Public Holiday
If your Rostered day off is moved to a Public Holiday Clause 15.5 of your award is very clear about your rights.
You can elect to be paid by one of the following methods
- payment of an additional days salary
- addition of one day to the employee’s annual holidays
- an alternative day off with pay within 28 days after the public holiday falls, or during the week prior to the public holiday.
PSA members are advised to inform their managers of their preference in writing.
If you encounter any difficulties exercising this choice please contact the PSA.
Newcastle Contact Centre Workplace Group Established
On May Day PSA members at the Newcastle Contact Centre established a local Workplace Group. We celebrated with a magnificent PSA Change the Rules cake and morning and afternoon tea.
Congratulations to the new office bearers and committee and welcome to new members who joined on the day.
This group will meet regularly with management to raise issues of concern to members and discuss any proposed changes to their work processes and work place.
The group will also provide feedback on issues to be escalated to the state wide Joint Consultative Committee.
We are planning to establish other Workplace Groups at other Service NSW locations.
Call for Departmental Committee delegate nominations
There are still vacancies for Service NSW representatives for the regional electorates of North Coast, North West, South East and South West and Metropolitan.