Sheriff’s Officers Bulletin re Flexible Working Hours Agreement – 4 June 2015
Members have recently expressed concern that they are being advised to work contrary to the Flexible Working Hours Agreement applicable to Sheriff’s Officers.
The following information is provided to outline the agreed arrangements currently in place.
The Flexible Working Hours Agreement applicable to ALL uniformed Sheriff’s Officers incorporates the following:
- Bandwidth Hours – 6.30am to 6.00pm (officers may seek or be directed to commence as early as 6.30am or as late as 9.30am and finish as early as 2.00pm or as late as 6.00pm);
- Core Hours – 9.30am to 2.00pm (all officers are required to be on duty during the core hours);
- Lunch breaks – the standard 30 minute lunch break is to be taken between 11.30am and 2.30pm (lunch breaks up to 2.5 hours may be taken with prior approval and subject to operational requirements);
- Maximum flex days – 13 flex days only are to be taken over the flex year (13 settlement periods);
- Credit/debit hours – a maximum of 10 hours credit or a maximum of 10 hours debit can be carried through into the next settlement period.
Other important points to note include:
- Access to and use of flexible working hours is dependent on the operational requirements specific to each location.
- The relevant supervisor/manager is responsible for the day to day management of flexible working hours.
- Any significant changes to the Agreement will be subject to negotiation and consultation.
What to do if you have any concerns?
If you are concerned about anything relating to the use of flexible working arrangements at your work location, please contact a delegate on the Sheriff’s Officers’ Vocational Branch by email outlining your concerns.
What can you do?
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues.
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board.
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA.
- Get involved as your area contact where there is a vacancy.
Update Your Details
If you have moved, have a new work email, work phone, or work location, please update your membership details at here (https://psa.asn.au/update-your-details/)
Delegates on the Sheriff’s Officers’ Vocational Branch:
- Ron Bak
- Lynne Bak
- Laurie Haggerty
- Jason Kildey
- Michael Carpenter