Minister Ward made an announcement earlier this afternoon into the review of the riots at Frank Baxter Juvenile Justice Centre on 21 and 22 July 2019. Please see link HERE.
The PSA welcomes the outcome of the inquiry and the 63 recommendations made. Your union is calling upon the Government to move quickly in implementing these recommendations, noting that the PSA and our members in Youth Justice have been raising these concerns for many years.
The establishment of the high-risk units for managing high-risk detainees is long overdue. We need to ensure that our members’ safety is of utmost importance. We look forward to working with Youth Justice in strengthening security and the establishment of the dedicated units to manage high risk offenders. The funding and the timeframe for the establishment of these high-risk units is therefore critical.
The PSA wishes to extend our thanks to all members in continuing the fight in making sure your workplace is safe.
What can you do?
- Ask a work colleague join the PSA today
- Make the union strong by forwarding this bulletin to your colleagues
- Attend PSA meetings at your worksite
- Get involved become a PSA Delegate
- Not a member? JOIN online!
- Join the Justice Legal Fund? JOIN online!
Your PSA staff