Juvenile Justice – In the media
To keep up to date with Juvenile Justice media as well as public sector articles and union updates, follow our facebook page HERE.
Those who do not have access to Facebook, below are some recent media stories (please note some newspapers are Subscriber Only).
Duplicate stories were published in a number of regional newspapers as well as on TV and radio.
Juvenile Justice media links
- Guard at Juvenile Justice Centre has blood spat in face by a high-risk offender – 2GB
- Juvenile Justice guard has anxious wait after young detainee allegedly spat blood in his face – The Daily Telegraph
- Kids in juvenile detention on ‘a one-way ticket to the adult system’ amid ‘daily’ assaults – 2GB
- Junior Jihadi boys in NSW – The Daily Telegraph
- Juvenile Justice Officers sick of being assaulted by ‘state’s most violent’ young offenders – The Daily Telegraph
- PSA General Secretary Stewart Little press conference
- Detainees involved in rooftop standoff at Cobham Juvenile Centre – The Daily Telegraph
- Sydney youth detainees stage rooftop stand-off hours after staff walk off the job – 9 News
- NSW youth detainees in rooftop stand-off – Blue Mountains Gazette
- Public Services Association members hold stop work meeting at Dubbo Juvenile Justice Centre – The Daily Liberal
- Riverina Juvenile Justice Centre to go into lockdown – The Daily Advertiser
- NSW youth Justice lockdown as staff strike – The Australian
- Prison staff injured as violent teen leads two-week jail rampage – The Daily Telegraph