Police Special Constables bulletin
PSA General Secretary, Anne Gardiner with Industrial Advocates, Police Administration Delegate, Donna Glover, and your PSA delegate, Marin Jurcevic, met with Deputy Commissioner Hudson on Tuesday 20 October 2015. The purpose of the meeting was to begin consultation around actions to be put in place to ensure the safety of PSA members in Police.
Some of the issues arising from the meeting included:
- Work health and safety concerns identified at Police workplaces
- Nature of ongoing consultation around introduction of new safety measures
- Safety considerations for staff with disabilities
- Improving access for Special Constables to personal protective equipment
Special Constable PSA members in the Security Management Unit are encouraged to raise work health and safety concerns with your Health and Safety Representative, your PSA delegates, and the PSA at the Member Support Centre 1300 772 679
Where to now?
- The current ballot for Special Constables (Blue Uniform) Advisory Group 2015 will close on 28 October 2015
- At the conclusion of the ballot, a bargaining team will be formed and the PSA will notify NSW Police that we wish to commence negotiations around your award
- The PSA will seek input from members to guide the position on negotiations.
What can you do?
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA
- Get involved as a delegate on the Advisory Group or nominate for the bargaining team
- Attend a meeting at your worksite
- If you have moved, have a new work email, work phone, or work location, please update your membership details at: https://psa.asn.au/update-your-details/