Service NSW bulletin
My name is Susan Chee Quee and I am the Service NSW Organiser with your union, the Public Service Association of NSW (PSA).
I have visited numerous Service NSW centres in the past few months and have identified some challenges staff are facing. If I have not been able to meet you and you would like to know more about the PSA, please email so I can pay another visit to your centre during your breaks.
Alternatively, if you have a workplace issue and require some advice and support, please contact the PSA Member Support Centre on 1300 772 679.
What does the PSA do?
- Protects your rights and entitlements as a Government employee
- Negotiates process with Service NSW in relation to your Award
- Provides Journey Insurance if you are injured on the way to and from work (the NSW Government took this ability to claim away in 2012. However, this protection is included in your membership of the PSA)
- Advocates for Service NSW employees.
The PSA believes in building strength as a collective voice to maintain and improve your current working conditions.
Some Service NSW challenges identified included:
- inequitable rostering
- work, health and safety issues, such as suitability of centre furniture, poor splitting of meal breaks, working alone
- lack of positive staff feedback
- lack of training
- no recognition for acting in a higher role.
The PSA needs you to get involved. It is seeking members to attend training to help identify those who want to become more actively involved and those who might be interested in being involved in the negotiation process for your Award. The Award is up for renewal
The Service NSW training day is Friday, 6 May 2016. All Service NSW employees are entitled to 12 days’ paid trade union training leave. If you would like to nominate for the training, please register your interest HERE or if you would like to know more, please contact me at
What can you do?
- Give a copy of this bulletin to your colleagues
- Display this bulletin on your notice board
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA
- Enroll for PSA training.