Following on from our successful Role of the Delegate training run earlier in the year the PSA is now running Meeting and Negotiation Skills on 12 July and Work Health and Safety Essentials on 13 July. The courses will take place at Ballina Surf Club.
Meeting and Negotiation Skills
The first part of the course will help you to run meetings smoothly and efficiently, both in a union context and more broadly. The second part of the course looks at negotiating skills. Tip the balance of power by learning to be an effective negotiator. The course is aimed at delegates and activists, but would benefit any member.
Work Health and Safety Essentials
The course looks at various rights, entitlements and obligations under the Work, Health, and Safety Act 2011. It will cover:
- Finding your way around the WHS Act.
- WHS duties: who has a WHS duty and what is that duty.
- Consultation: the what, when and how of proper workplace consultation.
- Issue Resolution using WHS legislation: is my issue covered under WHS legislation?
- Health & Safety Representatives (HSRs): what is an HSR and how do you get one?
- Risk management and workplace inspections.
You did not have to attend Role of the Delegate training previously to attend the above training, it is open to all members.
All union members are entitled to 12 days’ special leave every two years for union training.