Today, we are inviting you to the Keep Our Icons Alive campaign kick-off.
Keep Our Icons Alive aims to ensure NSW Cultural Institution jobs are funded, permanent and safe.
Keep Our Icons Alive campaign kick-off
Date: Thursday 10 June 2021 12:00 – 1:00pm.
Meeting link HERE
Meeting ID: 847 8044 4788
The problem: multimillion-dollar funding cuts
If these reports are accurate, then:
- the Art Gallery of NSW will lose $9 million a year
- the Australian Museum will lose $13 million a year
- the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences will lose almost $10 million a year
- the Sydney Living Museums will lose $5 million a year
- the State Library will lose $9 million in 2022-23 (as a result of a tail-off in capital works funding).
The PSA is concerned these reported multi-million-dollar funding cuts could result in NSW Cultural Institution job losses. These could include front-line jobs of PSA members who are interacting with their community, driving tourism and the economy. Right now, the economy needs a boost, not a sedative. The Keep Our Icons Alive campaign will bring this case to the NSW community.
Keep Our Icons Alive campaign goals
This campaign aims to keep your jobs funded, permanent and safe. That is:
- Funded, by campaigning to stop the NSW Governments reported multi-million-dollar funding cuts
- Permanent, by campaigning to increase permanent roles at NSW Cultural Institutions.
- Safe, by electing Health and Safety Representatives at every Cultural Institution, increasing focus on psychological and physical work health and safety.
How do I get involved?
Come to the PSA campaign kick-off to hear more.
If you have any questions, contact your PSA Delegate.
We invite all PSA members to get involved in this campaign, and encourage you to post this poster HERE on your PSA notice board, or on your desk.
Keep Our Icons Alive – join the PSA today.