As previously advised, the PSA will be holding a day of action on Thursday 19 October. This day of action will involve holding short rallies in five different locations. The location details are below.
The PSA has received feedback from members in other areas about how they may participate. The PSA is required to remind members the events are not industrial action, and we are not directing any of our members to stop work. At this point in time, participation will be limited to members who are able to attend the events, in their own time.
This does not mean that other events cannot be held, and indeed if members call for it, stronger action.
The PSA would like to remind members that amongst other things under section 210 of the NSW Industrial Relations Act 1996, it is unlawful for an employer to victimise an employee because they:
- are a member or official of a union
- lodge a complaint about a breach of an award
- participates, or proposes to participate, in proceedings relating to an industrial matter
- appear in proceedings regarding an industrial matter (the Industrial Relations Commission)
- engages, or proposes to engage, in a public or political activity (unless it interferes with the performance of their duties).
We would also like to remind members the PSA has been representing members concerns in the IRC, including seeking further legal representation on different matters.
The PSA has appeared in the IRC a total of seven times on this matter in the past 10 weeks.
The latest changes to the CMP, including limiting staff to apply for three positions in the EOI process, is another example of OEH making changes without adequate consultation. Negotiation with OEH has been extremely frustrating in this context, with the goalposts changing week to week.
The PSA will continue to take appropriate action through the Industrial disputation avenues available to us under the current system. However, the day of action events are an important part of the overall landscape. The PSA urges all members who are able to attend the events currently planned to do so.
Day of action events will be held between 12:00-1:00pm in:
- Griffith – 200 Yambil Street
- Wollongong – 84 Crown Street
- Queanbeyan – 11 Farrer Place
- Katoomba – Carrington Place, Katoomba Street, next to the Carrington Hotel
In addition, the event in Grafton is scheduled between 1:00pm and 2:00pm
- Grafton – 49 Victoria Street (1:00pm – 2:00pm)
NOTE – Unfortunately, the event planned for Newcastle (Shortland) will not be going ahead.
Visit www.psa.asn.au/npws for more information.