The PSA met with the Department of Justice on 22 August 2017 to discuss the Finance restructure.
The PSA raised a number of issues including the following:
- The PSA’s expectation our members will be appointed to roles at Grade, noting that there are more roles than staff
- Matching Process – Justice advised Finance Directors, the Chief Finance Officer and HR Managers will be jointly involved in the matching process
- Staff will be matched against at Grade roles on the basis that they can do the roles given reasonable support and training
- The PSA raised concerns about potential unfairness in behavioural interviews and expressed the expectation staff can be matched against roles without the need for further assessment
- The PSA has previously requested the Department of Justice add an additional internal recruitment step for unfilled roles. The Department refused this request, advising this is not a major restructure and that there are not likely to be a significant number of staff being declared excess (the usual criteria for this internal process).
The PSA will continue to monitor member feedback about the restructure and will consult with the Department about any concerns.
The PSA will provide support, advice and representation for any member negatively affected during the restructure.
What you can do
- Encourage your Finance colleagues to JOIN the PSA, in order to be protected during workplace changes.
- Send feedback to your PSA Delegates or PSA Staff
- Contact the PSA Member Support Centre on 1300 772 679 if you have a workplace issue.
Your PSA Finance Delegates are
- Kevin Mann
- Roopreet Goraya
Your PSA staff are
- Surabi Alauddin – Organiser
- Susan Emery – Industrial Officer
Stronger, Together – A unionised Workplace
is a fairer one!