The PSA would like to thank everyone for coming together to discuss the proposed restructure.
Your concerns, comments and discussion at the meeting provided a great opportunity to get some insight into what was required to address with management.
The PSA has written to management yesterday, 10 May 2023, for further clarification and to outline our concerns with the process so far.
Some issues which have been flagged and raised at this stage include:
- Concerns that this is only tranche 1 of a broader restructure to come and asked for clarification if further changes are to follow.
- If this was the case, a request for consultation to take place on the entirety of the restructure.
- More information in relation to further impacts to staff. At this stage, it is apparent that 2 staff members may be impacted by the proposed restructuring, however, there are a number of roles being deleted in the proposed restructuring.
- There are some roles which appear to currently be vacant which we are also seeking clarification on.
- Clarification as to the status of a number of the roles for the proposed structure which are colour coded to indicate they are proposed.
- In the current proposal several of the roles indicate that they were “Approved for deletion – Consulted October 2022”. The Association made its view quite clear at the end of last year that consultation had not occurred before the pause in the restructure. We reinforced our view that that is still the case.
Once again, the PSA has requested a briefing on the proposed changes as part of any consultation and reserved the right to enter Dispute Settling Procedures around the lack of consultation on this change so far.
We will continue to inform you of updates and hold further meetings with you when required.