On 23 October 2015, the PSA met with Corrective Services NSW (CSNSW) to discuss the Administration and Stores Review.
The PSA had previously been provided with a plan to implement a restructure, but CSNSW has since backed away from that. Instead, Administration and Stores staff will be asked to indicate whether they would be interested in a voluntary redundancy if there are any job losses from the review. The PSA was assured that the expression of interest would not be binding and affected staff can change their election when the details of any planned restructure is determined.
Staff now have 2 weeks to indicate their interest in applying for a voluntary redundancy, after which CSNSW intends to issue a final proposal about the review for consultation with the PSA and staff. When this happens, the PSA will be listening to members about the proposal and making sure that CSNSW takes into account the views of those directly affected by any changes.
What can you do?
- Raise this bulletin with your colleagues
- Give others a copy of this bulletin
- Print this bulletin and put it up on your notice board
- Ask a colleague to join the PSA
- Organise or attend a meeting at your worksite
- Check that your details at the PSA are up to date by calling the Member Support Centre on
1300 772 679.